Friday, October 31, 2008

NEW - Bladecenter Multi-Switch Module

Multi-Switch Interconnect Module

for IBM BladeCenter HT

Announcement Date: October 14, 2008
General Availability: November 21, 2008

The Multi-Switch Interconnect Module for IBM® BladeCenter® HT helps double the number of I/O connections (Fibre Channel and Ethernet) to a blade. The MSIM, along with Combination Form Factor (CFF) Expansion cards, enables simultaneous I/O connections to standard switch modules in both the standard and high-speed I/O module bays.1

The MSIM is a double-high mechanical enclosure for the BladeCenter HT and can be inserted into bays 7 and 8 or 9 and 10 to provide support for up to two standard I/O switch modules per MSIM. The front of the enclosure contains two standard I/O module bays that provide connectivity of standard I/O switch modules in the high-speed bays to the blade servers. The MSIM supports Ethernet and Fibre Channel I/O modules. The CFF expansion cards, that fit on the blade server, allow connectivity to both standard and high-speed switch module bays. The expansion cards provide flexibility for connecting the blade server to the horizontally oriented module in bays 7 and 8 or 9 and 10. 1

1 Refer to the ServerProven® Web site for a list of supported adapters.

44R5913
Multi-switch Interconnect Module for
IBM BladeCenter HT

No comments: